Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Oh Birthday

I turned 31 on Sunday. Happy birthday to me!
Saturday I hosted my first official party at my apartment for my birthday. It had a decent turnout. Realized who I'm just.. Meh about now after that. A few people were sick, like my older sister. (she's been sick, she's pregnant again so can't take meds). I had some friends with prior engagements that I knew about.. Which is fine. But the 5 that said they were coming that didn't show & the ones that never replied weeks ago & the 1 that took 2 weeks to reply.. Can go blow a load personally.
I was told that everything I made was delicious, especially my phyllo asparagus with horseradish dip (all from scratch), which made me smile.. And one is a chef so that made me extra proud.
Played cards against humanity which was hilarious! It was bills first time playing... And he won a decent amount of rounds.. Till Jim showed up and got 4 wins in a row lol. We never tallied who won but it was either my sister or myself,cause we kept getting picked. Guess that shows you who's the most fucked up 
Bill got me a lovely pandora 'pink birthday gift box' charm. I LOVE it! & a rose . I waited till my birthday to open my gifts... I also got a Marshalls gift card, Victoria's Secret gift card, bed bath and beyond gift card, candles, a matching cup & kitchen towels, a kurieg thing to hold my K-cups, a massage envy gift card, Starbucks gift card & a charm bracelet.
After gifts bill and I had a "breakfast" for lunch at the dtown diner went back to my place, finished cleaning up and lounged around the rest of the day.


Every birthday I seem to discover who my true friends are or who are those I should keep in my life. It always seems that Stacy is always there & always will be. Shit.. She lived in VA and we still saw each other.. Now she's in NJ over an hour away & she came. She's my longest friend (that I see & talk to frequently) since moving to chester co in 98. Dave would've been there but he had a prior engagement. We'll have to plan another day for him to come see my place & have dinner. Leah keeps proving time & time again that men come first in her life... And if that's how she wants to live her life.. So be it. Shit.. Jim doesn't even have a car & he came. 
People grow apart... Or just don't care as they grow older. I realized why my older sister didn't have that many friends after reaching 27...i get it now. It didn't happen till 30 for me.. But ya know...same shit. I'm glad she however has made friends through social avenues with my niece. I guess my friends will change when that time comes in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment