My mother keeps bugging me about being single. It's like she thinks I
want this. She keeps calling me picky. I'm trying to explain to her,
that being the height I am already knocks out 60% of the single (white)
male population for me. Add in the fact that I have a thing for teeth..
65%. The fact that I don't like the "big guy" 75%. That leaves 75% of
single men for me. That's not including the ones that want just sex, the
crazies, the boring ones and the ones that don't go
down on a lady. I'm looking at pretty much 5% over here.
My mother thinks its so easy to just meet someone, yet every time i would have a date she says "what loser are you meeting today?". oh yes.. that makes me go into this optimistically. Shes bringing up the fact that a cousin of her friends that her friend tried to set me up with just got court married. My response "I'm glad hes finally becoming a citizen, good for him." Excuse me if i didn't want to date a boring Greek guy who lived in Chicago, had a snaggle tooth & barely spoke English. Yet.. I'm picky. HA!
Apparently there must me something wrong cause "All the sluts even got married.. ALL the sluts." Good for them i say. Maybe I'll go back to school to be a lawyer and they can hire me for their divorce.
i feel shes more on my ass now because I'm 29, close to 30, single and shes embarrassed? Wants more than one grand-kid? How about you hound the older sister, who's married, to have another kid. How about you hound the younger one to get married to her boyfriend of 2.5 years.
If it really that bad that I'm single to you? i can't help it. If i could change it, I would. I really would. She has no idea the hurt and the pain i go through. How much disappointment I feel when i come home from a bad date. How hurt i get when I'm talking to someone only to do my own digging through records and finding that they're a criminal.
My mother got a little snippy with me when i didn't like the Greek guy i had a date with 2 weeks ago. He annoyed me through texts a bit beforehand, but i went in optimistically because, what did i have to lose? I saw him, he was balder than his pictures and about 20lbs heavier than the already 20lbs I wasn't too fond of. He kept picking at his face during dinner, made mock jokes about people in general that i didn't find charming at all. Kept asking me and probing into my past dating life. It's the first date, slow your roll. This isn't "I wanna know EVERYTHING about all of your exs" dinner. When he found out i had a VW he called me a hippie... uhh what?
Now my mother is currently burning "incense" that the church burns to bless the house of "bad things".. aka.. she blessing me. I don't know how much more of this i can take. i just want to yell to her "i don't fucking want to be single, trust me.. i dont! I can't help that i have standards, that people are fucked up and the fact that i have to be attracted to the person! Fucking sue me that i want to be happy, married with children, not miserable, hating life, depressing and full of bitterness! It;s not me! I've worked so hard to be who i am today. I'm better than i was before, i realize i have so much to give! BACK.. THE.. FUCK.. OFF!"
I'm about to just give up.
My mother thinks its so easy to just meet someone, yet every time i would have a date she says "what loser are you meeting today?". oh yes.. that makes me go into this optimistically. Shes bringing up the fact that a cousin of her friends that her friend tried to set me up with just got court married. My response "I'm glad hes finally becoming a citizen, good for him." Excuse me if i didn't want to date a boring Greek guy who lived in Chicago, had a snaggle tooth & barely spoke English. Yet.. I'm picky. HA!
Apparently there must me something wrong cause "All the sluts even got married.. ALL the sluts." Good for them i say. Maybe I'll go back to school to be a lawyer and they can hire me for their divorce.
i feel shes more on my ass now because I'm 29, close to 30, single and shes embarrassed? Wants more than one grand-kid? How about you hound the older sister, who's married, to have another kid. How about you hound the younger one to get married to her boyfriend of 2.5 years.
If it really that bad that I'm single to you? i can't help it. If i could change it, I would. I really would. She has no idea the hurt and the pain i go through. How much disappointment I feel when i come home from a bad date. How hurt i get when I'm talking to someone only to do my own digging through records and finding that they're a criminal.
My mother got a little snippy with me when i didn't like the Greek guy i had a date with 2 weeks ago. He annoyed me through texts a bit beforehand, but i went in optimistically because, what did i have to lose? I saw him, he was balder than his pictures and about 20lbs heavier than the already 20lbs I wasn't too fond of. He kept picking at his face during dinner, made mock jokes about people in general that i didn't find charming at all. Kept asking me and probing into my past dating life. It's the first date, slow your roll. This isn't "I wanna know EVERYTHING about all of your exs" dinner. When he found out i had a VW he called me a hippie... uhh what?
Now my mother is currently burning "incense" that the church burns to bless the house of "bad things".. aka.. she blessing me. I don't know how much more of this i can take. i just want to yell to her "i don't fucking want to be single, trust me.. i dont! I can't help that i have standards, that people are fucked up and the fact that i have to be attracted to the person! Fucking sue me that i want to be happy, married with children, not miserable, hating life, depressing and full of bitterness! It;s not me! I've worked so hard to be who i am today. I'm better than i was before, i realize i have so much to give! BACK.. THE.. FUCK.. OFF!"
I'm about to just give up.
No comments:
Post a Comment