Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bye bye froggy

I used to be fat. Well ok.. I lied! You got me! Let me correct myself, I used to be obese.
My weight had always been an issue. In high school at a size 11/13, I thought i was huge, massive, a big fat lard. I had thin chicken legs and always had this bigger than I should have belly. I have always been.. a frog. A frog with some sexy legs might I add.

I was always a bit pudgy till I was about 21. At 21 I drank, and with the drink came empty carbs and late night binge eating. I would always try these diets that never seemed to work because well.. this frog would forget about her diet once that drink touched her lips. Even at 21 I was still, to put it nicely, chubby. Up until I turned about 23, the chubby left and in came the fat. Around the age of 23/24 I reached obese. It didn't stop there. As I got older, the belly got bigger. my frog belly got so big that the weight had no where else to go but to everywhere else. To my froggy face, arms and GASP.. legs. The semi chubby size 11/13, had reached a whopping size 18. It got to the point that i was no longer a frog, because lets face it, the fat was everywhere now.

At the age of 25 while dating someone and eventually moving in with them,I wasn't happy with myself and so I couldn't in fact be happy with anyone else. I didn't love myself, so i couldn't love him the right way (it wasn't fair to him and for that i am sorry). I decided to kick this bad habit. At a massive size 20,I looked in the mirror naked and was so disgusted with myself that i puked right there on my bedroom carpet (from repulsion not bulimia). Something had to be done. I decided to hit the gym, for pretty much the first time in my life. I cut out all soda, yes even my beloved diet coke and tossed my 'Herrs Cheese Curls' in the trash (I fucking LOVED those cheesy yums). From this decision in November 2009, till Jan 2010, i went from a 20 down to an 18 again. I started hitting the gym more and more. i started lifting weights and started a more hardcore way of life. I signed up with a trainer 2 days a week, subscribed to all sorts of magazines like Oxygen (womens body building), Fitness & Health. (All of which i still read to this day).
I currently go to the gym a minimum of 5 days a week and I'm currently a size 10. I decided to start this blog to well, keep me going (and to add a few dating rants here and there). I reached my goal of no longer being obese, fat or chubby.. I'm average, for the first time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment