Monday, October 26, 2015

Le back...

My lower back pain is extremely hard on me today & has been more frequent the past few weeks. I usually don't discuss this stuff, especially online or blogging about it, but the pain is so intense today that I have to discuss it.

Oh... You're confused? Ok, I get it. Let's start from the beginning...

About 2 years ago I started having lower back pain. The pain would shoot down my buttocks and around my hips. I thought I had Sciatica, but never got it looked at because.. Surprise, like many in this country I didn't have insurance.

Fast forward to earlier this year.. On top of the lower back pain that was becoming more frequent, I started to have upper back pain. It would be right by my shoulder blades. I'd then get sharp shooting pains in my shoulders. The sharp pains were getting worse & more frequent, I finally decided to see a specialist (I had/have insurance now).

I see my sisters spine doctor.. Get x-rays... Myself & the doctor didn't think we'd find anything.

Well.. Turns out I have Sacrilization of the L5 (my L5, last spinal none, is fuzed to my tailbone), which apparently I was born with. There's the lower back. And.. Bc of that issue it's putting pressure on my spine and discs, causes bad posture.. And because of those I have degenerative disc disease in my upper back, between my shoulder blades. The pinching was my nerves being pinched from the spasms in my back.

I started physical therapy.. Went for 2 months.. Had my follow up with the doctor and was told bc I haven't gotten better I needed to move to the next step. I didn't need surgery yet which is a positive sign... But i need I injections. Trigger point injections for upper & regular on lower back. However.. Because of my insurance..  It's not covered for injections at the office of the 2 other 2 offices. Or any of the other 4 doctors he suggested I see. So I'm currently waiting for my insurance to find me a pain management doctor closer to me than going into Philadelphia.

So.. Here I am.. Between physical therapy & injections, unable to do either.. Working with excruciating pain. Limping because of the pain in my jacked up tailbone.. On nothing but Mobic (anti inflammatory) & the use of biofreeze to numb it for me.

It'll be with me for the rest of my life & all I can ask is for a slowdown..  So I'm not 40 hunched over like a 70 yr old woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment